Doctor insights on:
Change In Smell Of Urine During Pregnancy
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
Urine smell: If you get a whiff of something particularly pungent, you could have an infection or urinary stones, which can create an ammonia-like odor. Also foods such as asparagus can cause urine to have an unusual odor. See your doctor if you begin to feel ill, have symptoms or run a fever. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could be serious: Many things can cause changes in the smell of urine but have not heard of any described exactly like butter. A sweet smell may well be an indicator of diabetes or potentially serious metabolic disorder. If it is consistent or persists you should see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Change in urine odor during pregnancy
- Change in urine color during pregnancy
- Does urine change color during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is urine smell a sign of pregnancy?
- Pregnancy symptoms urine smell
- Smell of pregnancy hormone in urine
- Does urine smell change when pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online