Doctor insights on:
Chances Of Having A Downs Syndrome Baby
See 2 more doctor answers
No: This is listed is present in about 45% of infants with ds but may be seen at least on one side in 5-7% of normal infants. ...Read more
Depends: Usually not to long, but some mild cases have survived. ...Read more
Low muscle tone: Babies with prader-willi typically have low muscle tone. Because of that, they can have poor feeding, poor weight gain, and delays reaching their motor milestones. The overeating which is characteristic of prader-willi doesn't begin until sometime after a year of age. ...Read more
Can extremely high sugar level in a male lead to (down syndrome) in his offspring. We are so scared of making babies.
No: Males get a bit of a pass on the ds issue.You make millions of sperm that are constantly renewed and only the healthiest sperm swim well enough to conceive.Any weak ones wouldn't do the deed. Women present only one egg at a time and those show the accumulated effect of toxins an the like. You may benefit from talking with a genetic counselor to explore any risk issues. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are my chances of having a down syndrome baby?
- Is there any way you can lower the risk of having a baby with down syndrome?
- Well i have a fybroid of 7 cm im only 22 do i have a chance of having babies
- How long before an std can affect my chances of having a baby?
- What are the chances of delivering a healthy baby if i have prom?
- Hole in the heart and open surgery will my baby have a chance of having it
- What are the chances of someone with type 1 having a baby with anencephaly?
- How to increase the chances of having a baby boy?
- What are my chances of having downs syndrome if i am a 37yo female?