Doctor insights on:
Chances Of Having A Downs Syndrome Baby
Help for Downs: There are services such as early intervention to assist children under 3 years of age. Special services are school responsibility after that. There are down syndrome support groups which can be very supportive. Many medical centers have down syndrome clinics to provide comprehensive care. My grandson has down syndrome. His parents find these services to be very helpful. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Low muscle tone: Babies with prader-willi typically have low muscle tone. Because of that, they can have poor feeding, poor weight gain, and delays reaching their motor milestones. The overeating which is characteristic of prader-willi doesn't begin until sometime after a year of age. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can extremely high sugar level in a male lead to (down syndrome) in his offspring. We are so scared of making babies.
No: Males get a bit of a pass on the ds issue.You make millions of sperm that are constantly renewed and only the healthiest sperm swim well enough to conceive.Any weak ones wouldn't do the deed. Women present only one egg at a time and those show the accumulated effect of toxins an the like. You may benefit from talking with a genetic counselor to explore any risk issues. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My babies neck tissue measurement was high and they say he could have down syndrome. Can you explain this?
Very rare...: Harlequin ichthyosis is a severe genetic disorder that mainly affects the skin. Infants with this condition are born with very hard, thick skin covering most of their bodies. Harlequin ichthyosis is very rare; its exact incidence is unknown. Mutations in the abca12 gene cause this disease. The abca12 gene provides instructions for making a protein that is essential for normal skin development. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Well i have a fybroid of 7 cm im only 22 do i have a chance of having babies
- How long before an std can affect my chances of having a baby?
- What are the chances of delivering a healthy baby if i have prom?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of someone with type 1 having a baby with anencephaly?
- How can i increase my chances of having a baby boy?
- Chances of having a healthy baby after miscarriage
- What are my chances of having a healthy baby?
- What are my chances of having downs syndrome if i am a 37yo female?