Doctor insights on:
Chances Of A False Negative Pregnancy Test
What are the chances of a false negative pregnancy test I've been having a lot of symptoms took a test and it said negative ?
Possible if early: A false negative pregnancy test is possible if the test was done too early or the test is beyond its expiration date. Wait for 3-5 days and do a repeat test using your first morning urine. If it is still negative, there is another cause for your symptoms. Hope this helps. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
What is the chance of getting a false negative on pregnancy test at possible 16 weeks of pregnancy?
Hmmm...: Most women know they are 16 weeks pregnant without a urine or blood test. So, if there is an obvious baby inside, then any negative pregnancy test is a false negative. That being said, a false negative pregnancy test is rare after 4-5 weeks of pregnancy... which means that if a woman has not "confirmed a pregnancy" at 16 weeks, and she gets a negative test result, she should visit her doctor. ...Read more
Not that i know of: Nothing to say.Get a more detailed answer ›
See below: When done in accordance with manufacturer's direction, both sensitivity and specificity are high. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Chances of getting a false positive pregnancy test
- What are the odds of a false negative uring pregnancy test?
- Chances of a false positive pregnancy test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can mirena cause a false negative on a home pregnancy test?
- Can the doctors office pregnancy test give a false negative?
- What can cause a false negative pregnancy test?
- Can a blood pregnancy test give a false negative?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online