Doctor insights on:
Swelling: Use warm compresses. The surgical site of the chalazion may continue to drain for a little bit. Once all the material is out, the swelling will go away on its own. Some people recommend ice after the third day and a steroid containing ointment, but they are not really so necessary in most cases. ...Read more
Im 2 days postop chalazion surgery- the bump is there though still, will it go away? chances of it coming right back? what do I do?can I wear contacts
It should get better: Usually there is some swelling after chalazion surgery. It may take a few weeks for the swelling to resolve. An anti-inflammatory will help, such as Ibuprofen. To prevent future chalazion from forming, good eye hygiene is critical. Washing the eyelids and lashes with hot water and baby shampoo will help. Also, when a chalazion is starting to form, frequent hot compresses can help. ...Read more
A few weeks: After incision and drainage, the eyelid can still be swollen and bruised for up to a few weeks. Your doctor may have prescribed an antibiotic/steroid ointment to be used for the first week to help with this. Even when fully healed, sometimes a small residual lump may remain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lump after chalazion surgery
- How can i remove a scar on my eyelid after a chalazion surgery?
- Chalazion surgery reocvery period
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Chalazion surgery recovery
- After chalazion surgery
- Is chalazion surgery painful?
- Chalazion treatment without surgery
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free