Doctor insights on:
Cervical Cancer In Short Time
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
Can I get cervical cancer between my 3 months check ups from HPV? Will it develop in such short time? If so, will o need to shift monthly tests then??
Follow the protocol: Depending on what shows up on your pap smear, you'll be given the length of time that's safe for follow-up. Cancers take time to develop and there are lengths of time that are reasonably safe for waiting. I'm glad that you understand the importance of this and wish you a good outcome. ...Read more
Can a woman get cervical cancer after a one night stand? Is my one night stand responsible for me getting cercical cancer or my ex? It happened a long time ago and I'm fine. Just want to know.
Early cervical cancer often has no symptoms. Irregular bleeding may be one sign. Weakness is likely to be a late sign. See this site for more information. If you have any doubt, see your doctor for a PAP examination.
http://www. Nlm. Nih. Gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000893.htm ...Read more
i have bleeding. All the time now and sometimes achy lower back. I think cervical cancer is backas ?
Doctor can evaluate: A woman with abnormal vaginal bleeding (bleeding is too heavy, too many days, too frequent, or none at all) should always follow up with her primary care physician or obstetrician-gynecologist. Cervical cancer is just one of many possible causes of abnormal bleeding. Other causes include uterine cancer, hormonal problems, infections, etc... Cancer treated early has better cure or survival rates. ...Read more
I was reading about trichomonas on internet. It said that having this for a long time can increase chances of getting cervical cancer. Is this true?
Between 10-20 years.: Hpv infection per se does not mean that one will develop cervical cancer. It depends upon the type of hpv infection. Types 16 and 18 are high risk hpv that can develop into cervical cancer. Befpre cancer develops, the cervix goes into stages of dysplasia. (mild, moderste, severe, in-situ cancer, that can be detected in regular pap smears and can be treated to prevent its progression to cancer. ...Read more
What happens if the HPV virus causes cervical cancer 99% of the time, what causes it the other 1%?
Yes: The rapidly dividing cervical cancer cells produce a major white blood cell (WBC) reaction by the body trying to "defend itself" from the invasion. This WBC reaction produces phagocytes which try to engulf any foreign substances including incoming sperm released during intercourse lowering the number of sperm that make it through the to the egg. ...Read more
Possible: It is possible to contract hpv with only one exposure. Hpv is associated with over 99% of cases of cervical cancer - so one could get hpv by having sex once and eventually develop cervical cancer as a result of the hpv. It is unlikely that that would happen and if that woman was having annual exams and paps as recommended the problem could be detected and treated to prevent cancer altogether. ...Read more
Could I have cervical cancer? I've had this vaginal secretion for a while now. I've been to 4 different doctors and have been perscribed 2 different medications, one of which I was perscribed 3 times! I still have this issue, I don't know what to do and I
What is the diagnosis that was told to you by all the doctors you have seen? What medication was prescribed?
Vaginal "secretion" or discharge is typically not a sign of cervical cancer. A pap smear detects cervical changes including cancer, so if you have not had one this year, I recommend you get one.
Back to the discharge. Have you been tested for std's? Vaginal cultures done? Please reply with the answers to my questions and a description of the discharge and any associated symptoms (odor, irritation, itching).
Hope to hear from you soon. ...Read more
Be brave: I admire your courage and especially wish you good luck. The stage of your pregnancy and how far advanced your cancer is (for example, is it invasive yet?) are just the start of the information you will need to make an informed decision with your obstetrician / gynecologist. Remember that the final choice about your body is yours. ...Read more
Low, but...: Both cancers are common in women. Symptoms or signs of one do not make it any less likely that you have the other. Both are generally treatable especially if caught early; be sure you allow both concerns to be addressed. ...Read more
Hard to say: We know that some have a decline in effect if the 3 dose series is not completed. Work with similar products suggests the possibility of lifetime antibody protection. However, since it is a newer vaccine it will take another twenty five or more years of use and study to confirm the longevity of this protection. ...Read more
Can you tell me if the HPV virus causes cervical cancer 99% of the time, what causes it the other 1%?
I have a possible diagnosis of cervical cancer and am starting on birth control for the first time. At how much risk am I?
Implantation bleeding five days after unprotected intercourse? We pulled out in time apparently. I scared that could be cervical cancer instead?! '
How often does one bleed in cervical cancer. I was diagnosed with hpv last yr but w/ squamous metaplasia. I have brwn discharge but comes out 1-2 time?
Pain during sex and pain in vagina almost all the time on the inside and outside. I have swollen lymonodes and am bleeding. Do I have cervical cancer?
Can I get cervical cancer this is my first time having sex. I had sex 2 hours ago and I went to the bathroom to pee and when I went to wipe myself I saw little blood. It only last an hour. I had protected sex. Can I still get it even though I had protecte
This is nl but yes: All of your symptoms after first sexual intercourse are normal regardless of whether or not you used protection. Also with or without protection there are std, s condoms don't protect against... Active herpes, pipilloma (genital warts) etc... And condoms are not 100% effective. Aside from all of this if u are sexually active u can get cervical cancer and should discuss with your doctor. ...Read more
I have all the symptoms of cervical cancer. Watery discharge at times, leg pain, fatigue, random gush of blood every other day recently, very heavy p?
You are correct,: These are concerning symptoms. But they very well may not mean cervical cancer. Especially if you have had a normal Pap or HPV test within the past year or two. The only way to know is to go in to your doctor for an examination and possible tests. Please don't assume you have this serious diagnosis until you have been evaluated. All the best. ...Read more
Had cin2 cervical cancer surgery two weeks ago, had no leaking fluids, had my period last week, I've got brownish liquid all the time. Is this normal?
Please call your gyn: #1 u did not have cervical cancer- you had cervical pre-cancer cin-2 #2 your gyn should have told you what to expect post-op and if you are worried please call your gyn, your gyn should have explained that you will get a discharge post op and can last 2-4 weeks but if you were my pt I would check you in the office to make sure no problems, depends how profuse and odorous discharge is. ...Read more
My sister in law has thyroid cancer which has spread to her bones and spine also she has cervical cancer and uterine cancer we want to know the rough time scale we have left for her?
No way to tell: If she's relatively young, the possibility of li-fraumeni affecting the family is a concern. But there is no way, even if I had much more information, that I could tell you how much longer your loved one has with you -- even chief justice rehnquist survived a few years longer than he was supposed to. Cherish every day you have with her. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Cervical cancer development in short time
- Cervical sprain recovery time
- Cervical cancer
- Excessive weight gain in short period of time
- Inserting semen via syrengy into vagina with in a short time
- Massive weight gain in short period of time
- Asbestos exposure over short period of time
- Can antibiotics be taken for shorter time than recommended?
- Many x rays in a short time