Doctor insights on:
Cerebrospinal Fluid Problem
Watery substance: The fluid that bathes the brain and spinal cord provides an exchange pathway and balancing system for brain and spinal cord metabolism, besides a cushioning system for routine impacts of our day to day activities.. ...Read more
Not always: Blood in the spinal fluid may have been introduced during the procedure ("bloody tap"); in this case, the rest of the fluid not not be xanthochromic. Blood in the CSF otherwise strongly suggests there has been a hemorrhage into the brain and/or cord and/or their surroundings. ...Read more
Difficult question: Glycine is an Amino Acid that is the product of normal protein metabolism. Rare cases of inborn errors of metabolism result in a defect in metabolism of certain Amino Acids including glycine. A very rare disorder is non-ketotic hyperglycinemia where the glycine in the CSF is many times normal. The range of normal varies with ingestion of protein and depending on the form of laboratory assay. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does an mri of the spine show spinal fluid problems?
- Cerebrospinal fluid leak
- Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is cerebrospinal fluid otorrhea curable?
- How fast can i make my cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea go away?
- The effect of exercise on cerebrospinal fluid pressure
- Is cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea curable?
- Talk to a neurologist online