Doctor insights on:
Cerebral Artery Thrombosis Or Dissection With Encephalomalacia
Different causes: Arterial thrombosis is usually caused by clots either in the heart or in the arteries that lead from the heart to the brain, most often the carotid arteries. Venous thrombosis has nothing to due with atherosclerosis and is often due to inflammation in the sinuses or head and neck. May also be due to venous congestion. ...Read more
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
Please explain where the left 8th nerve and the a1 segment of anterior cerebral artery are in relation to each other? Both of mine are "hypo plastic"
Hmmmm...: The propensity to have a stroke can be genetic. The specific arterial occlusion, not necessarily. But, high colesterol, high blood pressure and family history of stroke put you in a higher risk catagory. If you smoke you increase your risk exponentially. Lifestyle modification can be key. If on the otherhand you are talking about aneurysms--that could very well be linked. ...Read more
In a recent exam my mom discovered that, she don't have the posterior cerebral artery. Is this normal?
There are 2.: Normally there are 2 posterior cerebral arteries. If one or both are missing it is abnormal. ...Read more
Recently, my mother discover that, their posterior cerebral artery was missing or in others words, "don't have any". Is this normal?
See below: The posterior cerebral artery has its origin from the right carotid artery instead of from the basilar artery. This is a common anatomic variation that can occur in up to 30% of the population. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cerebral aneurysm thrombosis or hemorrhage can be the cause of
- Cerebral artery occlusion with cerebral infarction
- Could the carotid arteries clear themselves or with massaging my neck
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cerebral thrombosis with cerebral infarction
- Thick white discharge with no odor no itching or burning
- Is it advised for women to sleep with no underwear on why or why not?
- Chest pain with coughing or sneezing
- Talk to a hematologist online for free