Doctor insights on:
Cephalosporin Safe Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Yes,: No problem taking Augmentin while pregnant, as for the cross-reactivity: usually it's the other way round, people who are allergic to penicillin/amoxicillin (component of Augmentin) ask if they can administer cephalosporins. At any rate, tell your doctor, and if any doubt, take the first dose in the doctor's office or ER waiting area, stay for an hour, if nothing happens, leave, good luck ...Read more
Yes: These meds are totall different and there is no cross sensitivity. ...Read more
Yes: Totally unrelated molecules so it's ok.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have chronically low potassium. I have a bladder infection & need antibiotics. Are cephalosporins safe or can they cause electrolyte disturbances?
Usually, not always: Cephalosporins can be good for uti's, but its also possible to have a UTI with bacteria that are resistant to cephalosporins. When in doubt its good to do a urine culture and sensitivity where the urine can be tested to determine the type of bacteria present and what, if any, antibiotics the bacteria are resistant to being treated with. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are fishermans friend throat lozenges safe for pregnant women?
- Is a vibrating back massager safe to use on my back while i am pregnant?
- Is afrin safe to take while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to drink sprite while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take azo yeast while pregnant?
- Is lipton tea safe while pregnant?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online