Doctor insights on:
Cellulitis Group B Streptococcal Infection
Penicillin: Penicillin is the drug of choice for grouop b streptococcus infections. For those allergic to penicillins there are other antibiotic choices that are effective. The route of administration and the duration of the treatment would depend on the nature, location, and severity of the infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Depends: After diagnosis most physicians will treat a newborn with this DX for 2 weeks on IV antibiotics. Recurrent infection after shorter treatment has been seen. Complications may warrant additional time on meds.The kids generally stabilize on treatment within a few days & toward the end of treatment appear quite normal. ...Read more
Culture: Swab taken for culture specifically for gbs. ...Read more
Several: Untreated streptococcal infection can cause permanent heart damage, kidney problems , arthritis, skin infections and more. That is why you should see your doctor if you have a sore throat to determine if you need antibiotics to prevent these complications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: If treated right?Get a more detailed answer ›
Strep throat: Can present with any combination of the following: sore throat, headache, stomach ache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, and fever. Other strep infections can present with sudden high fever, problems breathing (pneumonia), impetigo (skin infection), or lymph nodes that are swollen and very tender. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Group b streptococcal infection
- Group b streptococcal infection vaginal swab culture positive for group b strep
- Bacterial skin infection group b streptococcal infection
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does group b streptococcal infection cause asymptomatic bacteriuria?
- Does group b streptococcal infection cause cystitis?
- What is the result of blood culture in group b streptococcal infection?
- Does group b streptococcal infection cause endocarditis?
- Talk to a dermatologist online