Doctor insights on:
Cefixime/clavulanate: Cefixime is an oral third-generation cephalosporin antibiotic used for primarily upper respiratory infecions. Clavulanic acid and its salts is an inhibitor of the enzyme beta-lacatamase which, produced by bacteria, could inhibit the activities of beta lactam antibiotics like cefixime. They can be used together to treat infecions. ...Read more
I ve few throat ulcers, and soreness and redness in throat, this occurred on 5th day after onset of use of suprax for UTI, what may be the cause?
Virus? Herpes?: Probably urelated to Suprax. Sore throat with ulcers sounds like a viral infection -- several possibilities, but one if them is new herpes. Was your UTI confirmed? Did those symptoms clear up? I'm wondering if you may have had sexual exposure with a new HSV infection both oral and genital. But of course only if at risk of STD. See MD ASAP, sooner the better for accurate diagnosis and effective Rx. ...Read more
2 days: approximatelyGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you use lamisil on penis?
- What is the use of medofed?
- Can 5 year old use visine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i use alrex for pink eye?
- What is epaderm use for?
- Sodium sulfacetamide uses
- Can use inhaler with musinex?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online