Doctor insights on:
Cross-reactivity: Patients with true allergy to cephalosporins have less than a 3% chance of reaction to penicillins and less than 0.5% of those will have a serious reaction. The reality is that if you take Amoxicillin you should remain in the doctor's office for 30 mins. To insure that you will not have a serious reaction and if you do that you can be treated effectively. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get the flu shot: Antibiotic allergies do not preclude one from getting the flu shot. Similarly, egg allergy does not preclude one from getting the flu shot. If you are egg allergic discuss with your allergists how the get the flu shot. There are published guidelines on how to administer the flu vaccine in the patient who is egg allergic. The previous suggestions that egg allergy precludes flu shot is not correct. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have been taking Flonase for two days and have since broken out in hives. I am allergic to ceclor. What shld I do? Other medicines I shld worry abt
Hives: The Flonase is probably for allergic rhinitis. Have u ever had hives before? If not, then stop the Flonase and see if the hives go away. Then restart the Flonase after the hives are completely gone for 1 week. If the hives recur, then u know it is the flonase. If the hives stay or u have had them before, it is probably something else. You could also try some otc oral antihistamines for the hives. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is ceclor and why am i allergic to it?
- Flu shot allergic penicillin ceclor
- Can you be allergic to weed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergic to ibuprofen what can i take
- Allergic reaction
- Can you be allergic to vaseline?
- How long should it take for lip swelling to go down from allergic reaction?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free