Doctor insights on:
Causes Of High Blood Protein Levels
Would a UTI cause 50mg of protein to be in my urine? And i also had 8.7 of protein in my blood? Haven't been eating much due to emotional stress!
If I understand the: Question , having galactorhea indicate high prolactin level ? The answer is yes . Prolactin is responsible for lactation in breast feeding women . If there is galactorhea in non lactating women or men , it indicate the prolactin level is higher than normal due to some reason . In psychiatric practice , we see lots of people having it due to antipsychotic medication mainly Risperidone ...Read more
Can stress and/or dehydration cause elevated total blood protein? total blood protein was 8.3 (normal range 6.3 - 8.2)
Consider repeat: The leukocytes in the absence of more than a trace of protein suggests contamination. A trace of blood can be due to something as simple as riding a bicycle. Trace proteinuria is never worth working up, but if blood is still present, it might be worth doing some further investigations to rule out something troublesome. Best wishes. ...Read more
Kidney disease?: Blood in the urine could be from any part of the urinary system- kidney, ureters, bladder or urethra. But a combination of blood and protein in the urine should make one suspect kidney disease. Have your doctor check your kidney function and quantify how much protein you are losing in the urine. ...Read more
Proteinuria/pyuria: Leucocytes are white blood cells (wbcs). So, high protein and high wbcs equals infection until proven otherwise by a negative urine culture. Take infection out of the equation, then some time or damage to the kidney filters is next on my list, but when this happens there is usually red cells in the urine. This takes me back to urine infection or some other type of genitourinary infection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can too much protein cause bad blood work results?
- Can too much alcohol cause low red blood cell count?
- What does too much protein in the blood mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes too much carbon dioxide in blood?
- What does too much protein in your blood mean?
- Can too much vitamin k cause blood clots?
- Does too much acid in the stomach cause high blood pressure?
- Can too much or too little iron cause low protein levels in the blood?