Doctor insights on:
Yes.: Many different drugs have been listed as possible causes of otherwise unexplained pancreatitis. A recent review article of this subject looked at the 100 most prescribed medications in the US and found that 44 of them have been implicated as possible causes of pancreatitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many causes: In pancreatitis, enzymes become activated while still in the pancreas, irritating pancreatic cells, causing inflammation and signs and symptoms associated with pancreatitis.Many causes: alcoholism, gallstones, abdominal surgery, certain medications, cigarette smoking, high triglycerides, hypercalcemia, family history of pancreatitis, high levels of hyperparathyroidism, infection, trauma, cystic fibrosis. ...Read more
Acute pancreatitis.: Although there are many potential causes of acute pancreatitis. the most common are alcohol and gallstones. Pancreatitis is not usually caused by eating particular foods, although food may make it worse if it is already present. If you feel you may be having pancreatitis, see your doctor immediately. Good luck. ...Read more
Best to avoid: Pancreatitis is an inflammation of a gland near your stomach that produces enzymes. The most common triggers are from stoppage of gallbladder, alcohol intake or medications. Many times we cannot determine the trigger. While I have not seen an initial bout i linked to caffeine, its use may further inflame the pancreas or cause you to loose fluids you need to heal. Would be best to avoid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can stress cause pancreatitis?
- Can gastric bypass cause pancreatitis?
- Why does pancreatitis cause numbness?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can chronic pancreatitis cause pancreatic cancer?
- Why does pancreatitis cause peripheral neuropathy?
- Does blood pressure medications cause pancreatitis?
- Can rheumatoid arthritis cause pancreatitis?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free