Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Vertebral Compression Fractures
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Yes: 60% probably need some form of treatment. Simple options include rest and medication. Bracing does not seem to be of much benefit although it is often ordered. Physical therapy may help patients mobilize but can be challenging if severe pain. 30-40% of vcf's come to surgery which is usually immediately helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have three compression fractures in my vertebrae due to osteo. Too old for surgery. Rib cage pain and feel like I am breaking into. I have brace.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Age of vertebral compression fractures
- What is the usual cause of compression fractures in the spine?
- Causes of compression fractures vertebrae
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Brain tumour causing sudden compression of optic nerve
- Types of back braces for compression fractures
- Causes of vertebral artery stenosis
- Causes of trimalleolar fracture
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free