Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Vaginal Dryness
Poor lubrication : After menopause or during breastfeeding the vagina senses the loss of estrogen. The vaginal tissue becomes thin and dry. Vaginal estrogen can easily fix this. Some women experience poor lubrication. Replens is a nice over the counter product which can help with dryness. Ky jelly or astroglide can help with lubrication during sexual activity. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Vaginal dryness is the sensation that comes with a lack of the normal secretions and/or thinning of the skin in the vagina. There are many causes of vaginal dryness. It may be caused by reduced estrogen levels, infection, medications, and other things. If over the counter lubricants don't work, see your physician ...Read more
Can Acyclovir cause excessive vaginal dryness ? Or problems within the vagina... Vag has been super dry, irritated, sore , & burning lately
I need a birth control pill that doesn't cause severe vaginal dryness painful dry intercourse and yeast like ortho lo did. Any ideas?
Many things!: Falling estrogen levels are the chief cause of vaginal dryness. Other causes include: • breastfeeding • cigarette smoking • depression • excessive stress • immune system disorders, such as Sjögren’s • childbirth • Douching • Medications • Topical creams and lotions You will need to be examined to see if there are lesions in the vagina. ...Read more
Possibly: There are several patient reports of vaginal dryness while taking accutane, but none of the online medical resources i consulted specifically lists "vaginal dryness" as a side effect. However, since this drug can cause dry skin, dry lips, nasal dryness leading to nosebleeds, it seems likely that vaginal dryness is one of the drug's numerous side effects. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Common causes of vaginal dryness
- Causes of a jelly like vaginal discharge
- What could be causes of vaginal itching besides an std or a yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of black vaginal discharge?
- How can i get rid of vaginal irritation and dryness?
- Does the nuvaring cause vaginal dryness?
- What causes vaginal dryness after ovulation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free