Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Urinary Infection In Women
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Your own bacteria: Urinary tract infections (UTI) come from bacteria already living on your perineal ("bottom") area. These "bad" bacteria that cause UTI are usually kept in check by other "good" bacteria living in the same area. Reasons women get infections are multifactorial (multiple reasons) including sexual activity, state of immune system, anatomy, bladder function, genetic predisposition, possibly diet, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The pill and UTI's: The pill prevents you from ovulating and does not prevent your from getting a urinary tract infection (uti). If you have frequent uti's you may need to be seen by a urologist to see if you have an obstruction in your urinary tract causing you to have them. ...Read more
Some labs do not : Identify coagulase negative staph as a specific species and call them all 'epidermidis'. Staph saprophyticus does cause utis in young women. ...Read more
Does very low level of hydration cause weight loss? I have had a check up and everything was normal, except for a urinary infection.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause urinary tract infections in women?
- What are the causes of urinary tract infection in women?
- Cause of frequent urinary tract infection in women
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Women urinary infection
- Urinary tract infections in women
- Causes of urinary hesitancy in women
- Urinary tract infection caused by
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online