Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Urinary Infection In Women
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Your own bacteria: Urinary tract infections (UTI) come from bacteria already living on your perineal ("bottom") area. These "bad" bacteria that cause UTI are usually kept in check by other "good" bacteria living in the same area. Reasons women get infections are multifactorial (multiple reasons) including sexual activity, state of immune system, anatomy, bladder function, genetic predisposition, possibly diet, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Some labs do not : Identify coagulase negative staph as a specific species and call them all 'epidermidis'. Staph saprophyticus does cause utis in young women. ...Read more
The pill and UTI's: The pill prevents you from ovulating and does not prevent your from getting a urinary tract infection (uti). If you have frequent uti's you may need to be seen by a urologist to see if you have an obstruction in your urinary tract causing you to have them. ...Read more
Energy drinks: Not likely, but there are other effects on your weight (high carbohydrate content) & cardiovascular system, to name a few. ...Read more
Please clarify....: To which disease are you referring? Can you please rephrase your question? ...Read more
Anatomy: The bladder's opening, or urethra, and the vagina are in close proximity. Intercourse may force bacteria into the bladder. However, endometriosis may often feel like recurrent uti's . Check with your physician. True recurrent UTI may be suppressed by longterm low dose antibiotics. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause of frequent urinary tract infection in women
- What are the causes of urinary tract infection in women?
- What are the causes of urinary tract infections in women?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of urinary hesitancy in women
- Causes of a urinary tract infection in men
- Signs and symptoms of urinary tract infection in women
- What is the cause of yeast infections in women?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online