Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Triple X Syndrome
Depends on symptoms: Trisomy X syndrome can range from mild to severe, the life style changes would depend upon its severity. Pl see attached link forother details about the condition from the Mayo clinic. Good luck! ...Read more
Chromosome defect: Patients with fragile x have a defective x chromosome. There are several variants, and not all cells may be affected. It is full disease only in males, but females can be carriers. It is a genetic disorder, but it often just occurs without warning. Affected boys can vary from normal to severe retardation and autism. There is no cure. ...Read more
Gene mutation: Fragile x syndrome is due to a mutation within the fmr1 gene on x chromosome. Part of the gene gets repeated too many times. It is the most common genetic cause of intellectual disability. Please see: http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmedhealth/pmh0002633/ and http://www.Fragilex.Org/ for more information. ...Read more
Chromosomal defect: Klinefelter syndrome - a male with an extra x chromosome occurs when chromosomes fail to separate very early in development. So it is caused by a developmental issue and is not inherited. There is nothing that suggests a trisomy x woman is more likely to have a klinefelter child, but she has the same risk as other women. A geneticist can give you more information about potential risks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of mutation causes down syndrome?
- Causes of internal ophthalmoplegia syndrome
- What are the cause and effect of fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does history of iv drug use cause fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Causes of epidemic vomiting syndrome
- What kind of conditions does down syndrome cause?
- Causes of low back derangement syndrome
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free