Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Throat Dryness
It depends...: There are many possible causes for the dryness you describe including & not limited to: the position in which you are lying, how you are breathing (mouth or nose), medical conditions, medications, diet, physical condition, or hydration (how much fluid you are drinking). If this is affecting your breathing, consult with your primary care provider right away; it could be simple or more involved. ...Read more
My doc put me on Claritin (loratadine) for a suspected allergy. I al ready have mouth/throat dryness and the mess are making me worse. Any suggestions?
See below: Talk to your doctor again. No everyone can tolerate all meds. An alternative is likely available. ...Read more
Post nasal drip: It could be several things. The most common are allergies and reflux. Both cause post-nasal drainage, which could lead to dry non-productive cough. That tickle often causes frequent throat clearing. Get checked by an ENT specialist who is best equipped to help with this problem. ...Read more
Gas is gurgling up my throat despite a restricted diet/lifestyle. Makes my throat dry/sometimes sore. Is this normal sometimes?
Possible GERD: You may be refluxing acid and gas-consult your physician for medication. Stop the vitamin supplementation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Constant dryness in throat
- Dryness in back of throat
- Vicodin cause vaginal dryness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Common causes of vaginal dryness
- Causes of vaginal dryness
- Monofeme contraceptive pill causes dryness
- Does microgynon cause vaginal dryness?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online