Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Tendonitis
Sometimes: One of the potential causes of tendonitis is overuse by the muscle/tendon unit trying to stabilize a hypermobile joint. This is certainly the case with the posterior tibial tendon in individuals with flexible flatfoot. However, not all tendinitis is related to joint hypermobility, so you would need to consult with your doctor to determine the cause of your tendinitis. ...Read more
Can Lupus cause Achiles Tendonitis or Retrocalcaneal Bursitis, Runner's or Jumper's knee, or Cubital Tunnel Sydrome?
Autoimmune diseases: Autoimmune diseases can sometimes be associated with inflammatory joints and result in laxity. This can can create instability and can create abnormal pull/strain in some muscles - particularly those that are responsible for balance. ...Read more
Being a dancer, I have slowly and gradually built up my extreme flexibility. Could these instense stretches be what caused my patellar-tendonitis?
Tendonitis: It is probably not the streches. It is more like the extreme activity of dancing leaping and jumping placing your muscles and tendons at high stress that resulted in the patellar-tendonitis. The stretching is probably protective to you. See your doctor for specific treatment for the tendonitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of calcific tendonitis
- Causes of biceps tendonitis
- Cause of tragus pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of rotten egg burps and diarrhea?
- Causes of a swollen tongue on one side
- Causes of burning sensation in my big toe
- Causes of tender painful spots on my scalp
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free