Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Streptococcus Pneumoniae
Is a group of bacteria that grown in long chains of cocci (round cells). They are classified in part by whether they hemolyze sheep red blood cells completely, partial or not at all. The beta (complete) hemolysis ones are further classified by their capsules and the prototype is group a streptococci, that cause strep throat and rheumatic fever. The Alpha (partial) ...Read more
Blood positive for streptococcus pneumoniae, treated with meds, but wonder if this infection could have been cause of any hair loss?
Strep pneumoniae: This bacterium generally causes sudden shaking chills followed by a fever. The lungs are the common target,but it can also cause meningitis and sometimes causes acute septicemia(blood poisoning) spreading throughout the body which is a dire situation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A lot of things... : 1. Different genus based on genetics 2. Different reaction when gown on sheep blood agar plates 3. E faecalis is found mostly in stool. 4. E faecalis is associated with healthcare acquire infections , uti's and intra abdominal infections while s . Pneumoniae is associated with pbeumonias, meningitis, and blood stream infections. ...Read more
Can animals such as cats carry streptococcus pneumoniae and give it to a human causing bacteremia?
Is streptococcus pneumoniae and streptococcus viridans the same exact bacteria? Or is it a type of viridans?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Streptococcus pneumoniae igg
- Streptococcus pneumoniae in urine
- Streptococcus pneumoniae antibiotic resistance
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Streptococcus pneumoniae treatment
- Streptococcus pneumoniae septicemia
- Where is streptococcus pneumoniae found
- Alternative treatments for streptococcus pneumoniae
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online