Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Seborrheic Dermatitis
For what reasons haven't they found a cure (or even discovered the true cause) for seborrheic dermatitis?
Seborrheic dermatiti: There are more than one cause for seborrheic dermatitis. A common cause is due to the following mechanism. An organism malassezia furfur lives in the oil glands in many people. However some people become allergic to the organism. Once allergic (like with poison ivy) you will be allergic forever. Redness, scaling, itching are symptoms of the inflammatory reaction. ...Read more
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
1. Can the hair caused by seborrheic dermatitis regrow? How long does it take? 2. What kind of foods that cause seborrheic dermatitis
What's the most effective way to encourage hair regrowth after patchy hair loss caused by seborrheic dermatitis?
Will ILK injections help decrease scalp inflammation/hair loss caused by seborrheic dermatitis, thus, possibly restore hair growth? Side effects?
No evidence of it: There is no scintific evidence that is so. ...Read more
Seborrheic derm: Seborrheic dermatitis a common, harmless, scaling rash affecting the face, scalp and other areas. It occurs most often where the skin is oily. Although it can be very persistent, treatment with regular use of antifungal agents and intermittent use of topical steroids can keep it under control. See a dermatologist for evaluation and treatment. ...Read more
A red, sometimes itchy rash with scales, related to dandruff. It often is present on the scalp and around the nose and eyebrows, but can also appear on the chest and under the arms. The yeast malassezia may play a role and many treatments target this yeast as well as the ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the cause of seborrheic dermatitis?
- Causes of seborrheic dermatitis on face
- Foods that cause seborrheic dermatitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Seborrheic dermatitis of the glans penis causes
- Can seborrheic dermatitis cause acne?
- Can lupus cause seborrheic dermatitis?
- Does low potassium cause seborrheic dermatitis?
- Talk to a dermatologist online