Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Ruptured Ovarian Cyst
Normal: Each month, during an ovulatory cycle, one or more ovarian cysts are formed. One usually predominates and ruptures mid-cycle, liberating the egg. When the lining of the uterus is shed, bleeding occurs and clots form. If the uterus holds onto the clots, they will break down and the blood darken, resulting in a dark menstrual flow. If the uterus is irritable, the clots can be expelled as they form. ...Read more
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Like a balloon: An ovarian cyst can rupture when it reaches a certain size, when the wall thins out, when the cyst ages, with change in hormones or with a minor trauma. Many times the rupture is without symptoms, however sometimes it can be very painful, can bleed, can require emergency or urgent health care. Your doc can monitor your cyst with ultrasound and exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Trauma: External?, ...Not much, other than trauma to the area. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause of ovarian cyst rupture
- Ruptured ovarian cyst causing appendicitis
- Sex causing a rupture of ovarian cyst
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a ruptured ovarian cyst cause bleeding?
- Causes of a ruptured ovarian cyst
- Does a ruptured ovarian cyst cause bleeding?
- Does a ruptured ovarian cyst cause migraines?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free