Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Polyhydramnios
Many things: Polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid around the fetus) may happen for several reasons. The most common reason is that the mother has gestational diabetes. Anything that prevents a fetus from swallowing amniotic fluid can also cause polyhydramnios, including structural problems in the baby's mouth or throat or stomach, or muscular or neurologic problems. We never find the cause of some cases. ...Read more
Polyhdramnios: Is a medical condition describing an excess of amniotic fluid in the amniotic sac. It is seen in about 1% of pregnancies. it is typically diagnosed when the amniotic fluid index (afi) is greater than 24 cm. there are two clinical varieties of polyhydramnios: chronic polyhydramnios where excess amniotic fluid accumulates gradually acute polyhydramnios quickly accumulates. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does polyhydramnios cause puppps?
- Does polyhydramnios cause macrosomia?
- Does polyhydramnios cause breech?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does pregnancy complications cause polyhydramnios?
- Does fetal karyotype cause polyhydramnios?
- Does polyhydramnios cause preterm delivery?
- Does multiple gestation cause polyhydramnios?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online