Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Pain In Armpit
What are the possible causes of right armpit, elbow, and thenar hand muscle atrophy and the pain associates with all three?
Complicated: Thenar branch, median nerve (c8) is responsible for the innervation of the abductor pollicis brevis and opponens pollicis. The adductor pollicis is supplied by the deep branch of the ulnar nerve (c8-th1 to affect both, must be from an area where both nerves are in proximity. Disease/compression in the armpit or the neck would make sense. Investigate cervical spine and thoracic outlet syndrome. ...Read more
Sorry, no clue but: If you go to a doctor who has the advantage of being able to check under the hood of the car...or in this case, into the visible underside of your shoulder they may be able to either visualize something or feel something. Bottom line, see the doctor ...Read more
Depends what the : cause is. For example any issues involving spraining or pulled muscles involving the pectoral or teres muscles, or brachial nerve can potentially cause pain under the armpit. If you have swelling, then it and needs to be examined carefully by a PCP to rule out any potential lymphadenopathy, cyst, tumor, or fungal infection. Great overview: http://www.med-health.net/Armpit-Pain.html ...Read more
Pain in right armpit. Only happens for a a couple seconds then goes away. Can anxiety cause pain on armpit? What causes armpit pain?
Hidradenitis: Inflammation of the hair follicles and sweat glands in the armpit (and with it sometimes inflammation of lymph nodes or lymphadenitis) is a common cause of pain in this area. Aside from that any irritation of the nerves in this area will result in pain. Trauma or inflammation of chest muscles is also painful ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of pain in the armpit
- Cause of left side chest and upper back pain in women
- What causes pain in right side of chest neck and shoulder?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of pain in the ear when lying down
- What is the cause of pain in my collar bone and numbness in both arms?
- What causes pain and swelling in left instep of foot?
- Causes of sharp pain in the big toe
- Causes of sharp pain in armpit