Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Oral Thrush
Oral thrush is also known as Thrush. Oral thrush is a condition in which there is too much candida yeast growth on the surfaces in the mouth or throat. The yeast overgrowth areas appear as whitish spots or patches, or in more severe cases a whitish coating covering most of the ...Read more
If HIV caused someones oral thrush, how soon of an infection of HIV would cause it? 1 year? 2 year?
HIV Infection: Thrush in an HIV infected human would represent immune function damage. Now a days in our modern world, thirty years into the HIV epidemic all people with HIV in the world are encouraged to be on treatment to suppress the viral infection and to prevent immune function damage. Thus, there is not an automatic transition to getting thrush anymore. If one has thrush this does not mean they are HIV +. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Get a hemoglobin a ! c test. ...Read more
No specific time: There are varying degrees of immune dysfunction with HIV and there are varying levels of exposure to agents that cause opportunistic infections (i.e. infections that occur when one's immune system is not functioning normally). These variable factors will contribute to the time it takes to develop thrush. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of oral thrush in children
- What are some of the causes of oral thrush in adults?
- How can i get rid of oral thrush without a prescription?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does treatment with radiation therapy cause oral thrush?
- Can oral thrush cause tooth abscess?
- Can oral thrush cause the gums to swell?
- How to rinse with hydrogen peroxide for the treatment of oral thrush?
- Talk to a dermatologist online