Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Migratory Joint Pain
Can chronic salmonella typhoid cause migratory joint pain? I never had acute illness. Joint and muscle pain comes and goes and is migratory.
Migratory joint pain: Studies show that a migratory polyarthritis has a panoply of causes. A careful history and physical exam are indicated promptly. Typhoid fever could cause a reactive arthritis but several questions need to be asked over a series of visits and lab tests to determine your diagnosis. Several etiologies including vascular, infectious,inflammatory, autoimmune, metabolic, idiopathic, neoplastic, etc. ...Read more
Many, many causes: Medical specialists in joint diseases are called rheumatolgists. If the joint hurts, it's called 'arthralgia'; if the joints are inflamed (red, swollen, warm, painful), its called 'arthritis' which can be part of over 100 diseases. Many more cause joint arthralgia. Most are limited to 3-4 weeks. Most common chronic is degenerative. Joint pains over a month...Not always simple answer--see your pcp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Arthritis, swelling: Typically, the most common cause would probably be arthritiis where there is damage to the joint surfaces. Also, with many cases there can be associated synovitis when there is more fluid in the joint than normal which will cause increased pain and swelling. Treatment is usually with nsaid, local cortisone injections, and hyaluranate gel injections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many possibilities: Your pain could be as a result of many different things. A thorough history and physical exam and possibly some laboratory and radiology exams are needed to determine the exact cause. Causes of pain may include: trauma (fracture, sprain, arthritis), infection, metabolic conditions (gout), musculoskeletal or biomechanical abnormality and neurologic conditions (neuropathy). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the common causes of joint pain in a 25 year old patient?
- Can a lack of thyroxine cause joint pain?
- Cause of sharp pain in ankle joint when walking
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of joint pain in young adults
- What r the causes of sudden joint pain without injury?
- Im 22 and i have alot of joint pain what could be the cause
- Causes of aching joints body pain and extreme fatigue
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free