Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Low Platelets Count
Thrombocytopenia: Low platelets (thrombocytopenia) can be caused by many conditions, both benign and malignant. Some people are born with it. Other times it's due to a lab error known as "platelet clumping". Many medications can cause it. There are also a host of serious hematological problems which cause low platelets, such as itp and leukemia. It's very important that low platelets be evaluated by a hematologist. ...Read more
That is just: Barely low. Long list of possibilities, but at this level no need for "treatment". ...Read more
What are causes of low platelet count of 93 high WBC of 12.6 and protein and bilirubin in the urine. Urine is tea colored these are my 16yr old symp?
Numerous Causes: Platelets are a blood component necessary for hemostasis (cessation of bleeding); are produced in bone marrow; activated by blood vessel damage.There are numerous causes for a low platelet count: impaired production (bone marrow, genetic disorders); increased consumption (infections), increased destruction (autoimmune diseases), & more. Evaluation by your doctor is necessary to determine the cause ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bleeding: Platelets are the scaffoding for clot formation and subsequent tissue remodeling. Platelets aggregate at the bleeding site to prevent further blood loss. Abnormal platelet aggregation/destruction, insufficient production, and certain medication can also decrease platelet count. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can the drug Dutasteride cause low platelet count in 58 years old male ? he is using it daily for 2.5 years
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of low platelet count in elderly
- Causes of low platelet count abnormal white blood cells
- Most common cause of low platelet count
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of low platelet count in adults
- What is the cause of low platelet count?
- What causes low white blood cell count and low platelets?
- Can lipitor cause low platelet count?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free