Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Low Platelet
Thrombocytopenia: Low platelets (thrombocytopenia) can be caused by many conditions, both benign and malignant. Some people are born with it. Other times it's due to a lab error known as "platelet clumping". Many medications can cause it. There are also a host of serious hematological problems which cause low platelets, such as itp and leukemia. It's very important that low platelets be evaluated by a hematologist. ...Read more
If frequent alcohol was cause of low platelets- and that person stopped drinking- how long would it take for platelets to return to normal levels?
That is just: Barely low. Long list of possibilities, but at this level no need for "treatment". ...Read more
Not much: High B12 is never worrisome. Low platelets, especially if below 100,000, need to be addressed with a physician who knows how to do a differential diagnosis and workup. Eosinophils over an absolute count of maybe 1000 should prompt a good history and physical exam and perhaps stool for ova and parasites. Labs are adjuncts to diagnosis and ranges are set to flag a few % of healthies. ...Read more
Need eval: Need more detail information. Those three could be related or unrelated- thus, much more info are needed. Some other blood test, sono of abdomen and may include bone marrow biopsy if the level of abnormality is very significant. Go to see pcp and you may need to see a hematologist if the abnormality is significant. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of low mean platelet volume
- What are the causes of low potassium low platelets?
- What are the symptoms of low platelets caused by a lack of vitamin b12?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of low wbc and platelets
- What are the causes of low platelets low white blood cells?
- Causes of low platelet count in elderly
- What are the causes of low blood platelets in men?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free