Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Low Blood Platelets
I had blood work done red blood cells white blood cells and platelets were all low also hemocrit among others does this indicate leukemia?
Bleeding: Platelets are the scaffoding for clot formation and subsequent tissue remodeling. Platelets aggregate at the bleeding site to prevent further blood loss. Abnormal platelet aggregation/destruction, insufficient production, and certain medication can also decrease platelet count. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many possibilities: Causes are: 1) errors in collection/ handling of blood specimen 2) drugs /medicines including some over the counter 3) immune reactions to infections- viral / bacterial or to autoimmune illnesses such as lupus, etc 4) advanced liver disease from hep c or others 5) bone marrow damage from invading cancer, marrow fibrosis, leukemia 6) disseminated clotting from various causes 7) other things. ...Read more
Numerous Causes: Platelets are a blood component necessary for hemostasis (cessation of bleeding); are produced in bone marrow; activated by blood vessel damage.There are numerous causes for a low platelet count: impaired production (bone marrow, genetic disorders); increased consumption (infections), increased destruction (autoimmune diseases), & more. Evaluation by your doctor is necessary to determine the cause ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly: Possibly, but assure no anti-phospholipid syndrome or lupus. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes low platelets in blood?
- What is the cause of low platelets in the blood?
- Blood platelets count low causes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of low platelets low white blood cells?
- Low platelet count and low white blood cell causes
- Why blood platelets low?
- Symptoms of low blood platelets
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free