Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Low Birth Weight
What are the causes of low birth weight and explain the implications for early and later life disease stat?
Placenta problems: The most common cause where i come from in smoking. Smoking prematurely ages the placenta, and it does not work as well as it should to provide nutrients to the fetus. This can lead to low birth weight, which has great effects on the early life of the child, including lower resistance to infections, trouble breathing, increased risk of intracranial bleeding, etc. ...Read more
Major Factor: Low birth weight has multiple causes. Utero placental insufficiency being the ultimate culprit. In truth there are many major factors that cause low birth weight. In our present day, in our community i must say that the major factor responsible for lbw is cigarette smoking. ...Read more
Moving target: This is one of those things that goes up on a curve, so you have to examine the weight and gestation age to determine if your child is too small. Risks from low birth weight include increased risk of infections, bleeding in the brain, and respiratory problems, just to name a few. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Very low birth weight
- Low birth weight
- Will dexolac formula increase low birth weight
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Birth control brands that cause you to not lose weight
- Birth weight
- Can taking the birth control pill cause a person to gain weight or lose weight?
- Can a low thyroid cause weight gain?
- Talk to a neonatologist online for free