Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Lip Smacking
What is the cause of lip smacking when speaking? Could a mild stroke be the cause of the lip smacking? How do you treat lip smacking?
LipSmacking=Behavior: All living creature behaviors=expressions of their anatomic features exhibiting the behavior. The only way complex/coordinated/changeable behaviors are achieved is by nervous system/brain control of their anatomy, by the mind within the brain driving the behavior. Does this mean conscious awareness? No! Why? Because most behaviors=expressions of non-conscious activity. Stroke? =Yes. Retraining. ...Read more
A habit: That is a learned habit. Getting rid of it required concentrated efforts to "unlearn" it. ...Read more
Some possibilities..: Lip smacking can be the result of a variety of different issues. It could nothing more than a behavioral habit, or it could represent an adaptive response to a new oral prosthetic device. It can also be a manifestation of neurological issues, such as dementia, parkinson's disease, or tardive dyskinesia. Especially if it is accompanied by other symptoms, it should be investigated by a doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Child age 5 twitching in sleep sits up rocking head turning and nodding smacking lips seems restless all night like this what can cause this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bumps on inside of my bottom lip what might cause them
- What causes only one side of the cheek and lip to swell?
- Causes of lip biting
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of upper lip swelling
- Anxiety cause of eczema on lips
- Causes of blue lips in children
- Causes of white bump on lip
- Talk to a oral and maxillofacial surgeon online for free