Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Keloid Scar
Can a small keloid scar be caused by the repeated rubbing of leather boot on the skin of the calf ?
Friction scars: Yes they can. Friction can cause a burn on the skin just like an iron can. This can lead to a scar or more commonly the skin in the area will be darker than the surrounding skin. Make sure that your footwear is well fitted to minimize rubbing and wear socks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can't be removed: Keloid scars can perhaps be reduced and improved but not totally removed. These may need to be removed surgically and then you likely will need a series of cortisone injections to try and keep it from regrowing. There are other treatments for those which regrow but some cannot be completely controlled. You should see a surgeon experienced in keloid management. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Location & Size: Depends on how much it is bothering you, pain, size, location (interfering with vision or hearing). Generally, it is a simple procedure to excise a keloid. The main risk is recurrence of the keloid. Compression therapy and/or steroid injections can help minimize the keloid. If the keloid is large I generally advise removing it and starting fresh. Good luck ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of leg scars caused by picking at scabs?
- How to get rid of keloids caused by piercings?
- How to get rid of redness keloid scars?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you minimize the appearance of a keloid scar?
- Complications of keloid scars
- How to get rid of a facial scar that has keloid?
- Does anyone know a good way to get rid of keloids caused by piercings?
- Talk to a dermatologist online