Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Infected Lymph Glands
If my lymph gland is slightly swolen, could that mean my tragus piercing is infected or being rejected?
Possibly: Any infection can cause a lymphnode to be inflamed. If your piercing is red or inflamed it might be the source. ...Read more
Afriend has a problem that each time he bows his head to study,the lymph glands below the tonsils and the tonsils themselves got infected,why is that?
9yr old boy right leg limph gland up but no signs of infected sores on lower part of his body? Restless night; complained that leg was sore. Temp high
Monitoring Centers: Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well. ...Read more
Monitoring Centers: The lymphatic system absorbs and carries things too big to go into the arteries and veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. The lymph nodes "taste" the lymph to see if anything bad is there like bacteria, viruses, cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Infected salivary gland causes
- Causes of infected sebaceous glands
- Causes of swelling lymph glands
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Infected pimple causes swollen lymph node
- Can an infected tooth cause swollen lymph nodes?
- Causes of swollen jaw lymph glands
- Swollen lymph gland causing acne
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online