Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Increased Vaginal Discharge
Discharge can be a noun or a verb; it has multiple meanings in physics, chemistry, military, and legal usage. The most common medical meaning is a substance that is being excreted. Examples: pus is the discharge from a pimple; a vaginal discharge can mean infection; an ear discharge can mean an infection of the outer ear tract; a nasal discharge ...Read more
Cervical mucous: Cervical mucous secretion is the most common cause of clear odorless discharge. This tends to increase midcycle and is an indicator of ovulation. Some women produce more than others. There are rare conditions that may also cause an increase in production so be sure to see your gynecologist regularly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sounds like BV: Bacterial vaginosis and yeast are the two most common vaginal infections. Bv tends to have a fishy odor. Sexually transmitted diseases like trichomoniasis, chlamydia and gonorrhea are also posibilities. Smelly discharge is not normal and needs to be evaluated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bacterial Vaginosis: Most common cause of a fishy vaginal discharge is bacterial vaginosis. It is not an std; it is similar to a yeast infection. It is the most common abnormal vaginal discharge. Other cause can be an std called trichomonas. Douching, recent increase in sexual frequency, or recent antibiotics/antifungal medication can increase one's changes, but it often occurs for "no reason". You need a rx to treat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of a jelly like vaginal discharge
- Causes of watery vaginal discharge
- What are the causes of black vaginal discharge?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of thick white vaginal discharge
- Causes of pink vaginal discharge
- Causes of green vaginal discharge
- What is the cause of fishy smelling vaginal discharge?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free