Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Hemiparesis
How does Remeron cause weight gain? Should I be taking it if I have hemiparesis and will confined to a wheelchair for (at least) several months?
PT/Baclofen or botox: To help with spasticity, things like Baclofen pumps and Botox injections into the muscle have shown to reduce the stiffness and increase function. Most of the time, a physiatrist (physical medicine and rehab physician) does these procedures. Other interventions include pt, occupational therapy, speech and behavior therapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hemiparesis: The psychological effects of hemiparesis vary with the person and extent of symptoms. Many people struggle with frustration about not being able to use a whole side of their body, loss of independence -- and depression about capacity to take care of themselves, or roles they can no longer carry out. For instance, if they can no longer work/earn money they may feel there's no reason to be alive. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of right hemiparesis
- Causes of hemiparesis in children
- Cause of tragus pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of rotten egg burps and diarrhea?
- Causes of a swollen tongue on one side
- Causes of burning sensation in my big toe
- Causes of tender painful spots on my scalp
- Talk to a neurologist online