Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Elevated Blood Urea Nitrogen
Liver chemical: This is a measurement of a concentration of urea in the blood stream and is related to the health of the liver. If the liver is dysfunctional, the level - termed BUN - will rise. This is part of most blood screening tests. ...Read more
Normal: Seems normal- however could be slightly abnormal if this is a 90 yr old emaciated female or a very small child. ...Read more
I am a 53 year old male, recently got medically tested. Blood urea nitrogen is 51.24mg/dl ; creatinine serum is 5.46mg%. What is the significance ?
kidney dysfunction: Creatinine is a byproduct of muscle metabolism and is excreted by the kidneys. High serum creatinine generally indicate kidney damage.High levels can be seen in muscle damage, people who consume creatine supplements. BUN is also a byproduct of protein metabolism which is excreted by the kidneys.If serum BUN and creatinine are elevated, it suggests that there may be kidney dysfunction. ...Read more
Urea cycle stops: The ammonia that the body generates during metabolism doesn't get detoxified by being turned into urea. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Elevated blood urea nitrogen may cause flu like symptoms
- Is hiccups a symptom of elevated blood urea nitrogen?
- Causes of high blood urea nitrogen
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High levels of blood urea nitrogen symptoms
- What causes abnormally low blood urea nitrogen?
- Causes of anemia and high urea nitrogen
- What causes high blood urea nitrogen?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free