Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Compression Fractures Vertebrae
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Yes.: That is the most common cause.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it possible for osteoporosis or osteopenia to cause a compression fracture in the spinal vertebrae?
Yes: 60% probably need some form of treatment. Simple options include rest and medication. Bracing does not seem to be of much benefit although it is often ordered. Physical therapy may help patients mobilize but can be challenging if severe pain. 30-40% of vcf's come to surgery which is usually immediately helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Osteoporosis cause compression fracture spinal vertebrae
- Compression fracture of t12 vertebrae
- T12 vertebrae compression fracture
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- T7 vertebrae compression fracture
- Recovery from compression fractures of vertebrae
- Causes of vertebral compression fractures
- What is the usual cause of compression fractures in the spine?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free