Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Clammy Hands
Brief squeezing type chest pain center/left enough to cause clammy hands/feet likely be esophageal spasm rather than cardiac? Aches slightly after.
Ca or alpha blocker.: This can be due to circulation difficulty, or it might be a symptom of hypothyroidism or vasculitis. There are vasospastic disorders, like raynaud's phenominon, that are triggered by cold exposure, with blanching, cyanosis, and redness, so the extremities must be kept warm. Calcium blockers like Nifedipine and Alpha blockers, like prazocin can help raynaud's. See your doctor and get tested. ...Read more
Experienced a wave of anxiety the last few weeks and now that im more calm i have frequent mild sweaty or clammy hands. Normal?
Not unusual, but: Normal? No. You're fortunate to be past the wave, but even these milder anxiety symptoms are just that - not terrible, but not normal. You can probably learn how to lessen them or avoid them in CBT therapy or meditation. It doesn't seem severe enough to risk Rx side effects, but some Dr's may suggest that. Think hard before you do that. Best wishes! ...Read more
Clammy hands: Sweaty palms can be completely normal, the product of stress or worry. When they are constantly clammy, regardless of situation, weather or stress level, it may be due to hyperhidrosis. This condition is one of overactive nerve impulses causing sweaty palms, soles and underarms. It can be very isolating, and many people never get diagnosed. If it concerns her, have her see her dermatologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of itchy red bumps on my hands
- Red palms of hands causes
- Causes of itchy red spots on my hands
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could cause a rash on palms of hands and soles of feet?
- What causes hives on top of hands feet and knees?
- Cause of broken blood vessels in hands
- Causes of itchy white spots on hands
- What are the causes of left arm pain radiating down to hand?