Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Chronic Urticaria
D folliculorum can cause chronic urticaria? I have suffered from urticaria since 2 years ago. Now d folliculorum was found from my skin!
Unlikely: Chronic urticaria (hives daily or almost daily for > 6 weeks) is usually not caused by allergies or environmental exposures or infections. That may seem counterintuitive - but seems to be the case in most patients. There are some patients where food allergies may play a role. And in some people there is an autoimmune process at work. Mites can cause nasal and respiratory allergies (and skin). ...Read more
Can chronic dehydration cause chronic hives (physical urticaria) since water directly affects histamine production in the blood? Rehydration cure it?
I've had chronic urticaria for almost three years now. Two dermatologists have failed to find the cause/cure me. What else can I do?!
Can Urticaria cause permanent Malar type rash? I suffer from chronic Urticaria & on close inspection it appears to be in a wheel like form?
I have been suffering from severe urticaria attacks every 1.5 years for the past 4.5 years. I am not able to find out the root cause for it, any help?
Take antihistamines.: Although allergy should be ruled out in people who have hives/ urticaria, if it is daily and lasts for weeks at a time it is unlikely to be of an allergic origin. In these cases of chronic urticaria the cause is unknown in 50% and can be attributed to autoimmunity in about 50%. Taking daily scheduled doses of antihistamines can help control the rash and itching. See and allergist for advice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of chronic hematuria in women
- Causes of chronic appendicitis
- Causes of chronic cervicitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kinds of things can cause unexplained chronic nausea?
- Chronic blood loss causes anemia because of what
- What causes chronic constipation and how do i get rid of it?
- Can chronic use of aloe vera cause colon polyps?
- Talk to a dermatologist online