Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Burning Tingling Achilles Tendon
Tendonitis or: Partial tear are most common reasons. Try rest and supportive shoes with slight heel. If still a problem, see specialist. ...Read more
I need help determining the discomfort and tingling or vibrating feeling I got on both my Achilles tendon?
Achilles: Achilles' tendon injuries and ruptures can be caused by trauma such as aggressive jumping but also can become weakened by taking certain antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin. Both of these medications belong to the "quinolone" family of drugs. Either way, that needs to be evaluated by a medical professional and may even need an MRI. ...Read more
What is happening to me its been atleast five days I have discomfort on heel when walking and a tingling or vibrating feeling on my Achilles tendon?
I awaken with sharp burning pain in the posterior aspect of my ankle along my Achilles tendon for the past couple of months. Is there any home treatments that might help?
I try using a pillow to raise the back of my sore heel but it still doesn't stop the burning pain. I wonder if Achilles tendon is involved. Walk OK.
Achilles tendonopathy tends to produce an enlarged, tender tendon (particularly sore when squeezed). Also, small nerve branches supplying the heel can become irritated to cause a burning pain. One question: why are you taking clonazepam? Underlying disorder?
See your doctor for exam. Details of the physical should help diagnosis, and this will help treatment. ...Read more
Achilles tendon injuries are very catastrophic. Usually occurs when the foot is in a fixed plantargrade position and the tibia (shinbone) externally rotates rapidly, and the foot does not release from its flexed state.
Injuries for achilles tendon ruptures also take the longest to resolve, which can be from 8-20 weeks, depending on the amount and time of damage to the tendon. ...Read more
Calf muscles: The gastrocnemius and soleal muscles become the achilles' tendon at the myotendinous junction. If these muscles are tight you will feel it in the achilles' tendon. Stretching exercises are necessary to stretch both muscle groups consult either a podiatrist, physical therapist or your family doc for the appropriate stretches to do. ...Read more
Lack of stretch: If you are not stretching enough and then complicate the issue by trying to exercise by running, etc. You will get a tight achilles. When you overuse the achilles without a proper warmup the calf muscle will lose it's oxygen, creating occasional cramping and tightening. Good luck. ...Read more
Bursitis: Popping of a tendon is usually either chronic dislocating or the tendon rubbing an adjacent structure. Since the achilles really can't dislocate, it is likely rubbing on a small, fluid-filled sac underneath called the retrocalcaneal bursa. If it is painful and avoiding irritating shoes doesn't improve things, see a podiatrist. Sometimes a steroid injection can help. ...Read more
Irritation: If the shoes rubs on the tendon it can irritate the skin and create an itching feeling. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Burning feeling in achilles tendon symptoms
- Burning sensation in achilles tendon
- Burning sensation in left wrist
- Burning sensation in my right shoulder symptoms
- Burning tingling calf muscles symptoms
- Causes of achilles tendon blister
- Causes of achilles tendon numbness and tingling
- Causes of burning sensation in the wrist
- Causes of burning tingling calf muscles
- Causes of itchy achilles tendon
- Causes of skull numbness and tingling
- Cures for burning sensation in achilles tendon
- Achilles tendon tingling heel sensations
- Burning sensation in leg above knee
- Causes of burning feet soles
- Burning sensation in back of leg above ankle
- Elbow pain with burning sensation on forearm
- Burning tingling sensation and numbness in right thigh
- Elbow pain and burning sensation on skin on forearm
- What causes burning stinging in the achilles tendon?