Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Brain Atrophy
Atrophy usually refers to the skin-as you get older or if you have had alot of sun in the past-the dermis (that is the layer below the top layer which is called the epidermis) gets thinner and the skin looks more wrinked. Muscles and fat can also get thinner -this is another form of atrophy. Even the top layer gets thinner ...Read more
Any: Brain tumors that effect what we call the limbic system or the auditory or visual association cortex could cause auditory or visual hallucinations. This could be because the tumor is in these areas or because of mass effect even if the tumor is in a different area ...Read more
Brain size : The human brain reaches its maximum size around age 20-22, then it slowly shrinks over time. By age 75, it may decrease in volume or mass about 30%. This is a natural phenomenon. It is not clear what the biological purpose of this is. The mass of the brain also decreases after injuries, such as traumatic injury, stroke, MS, or illnesses, such as certain infections, brain tumors, or dementia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can primary hypogonadism and sudden testicular atrophy cause brain atrophy? Are the two conditions related in any way?
- Talk to a doctor online
- What causes atrophy of the brain?
- Causes of brain stem atrophy
- Causes of brain atrophy in adults
- Causes wandering eyes brain atrophy
- What are the causes of brain atrophy in child?
- What are the causes of brain atrophy in an elderly man?
- Causes of wandering eye frontal brain atrophy
- Atrophy of brain
- What are the causes of brain atrophy?