Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Body Temperature Decreased
Is a patient who's receiving therapeutic hypothermia always sedated with meds? Or does the lowered body temperature render them unconscious?
Hypothermia: Every patient I have seen that received therapeutic hypothermia has been on a ventilator. These patients receive a combination of three medications, a paralyzing agent so the ventilator can breath for them , an opioid for pain, and a sedative so they are not really aware of what's going on. If I were the patient, I would want all three of these medications. ...Read more
When temperature taken, it ranges from 96.9 to 98. But face and skin feel warm. Should I be concerned about body temperature being too low? Causes?
Every night my body temperature rises. I don't feel the warmth of my own body but other people do. I physically heat up. Should i get checked? Causes?
Sure: Invest in a good thermometer to track your temperature and make sure you just don't "feel" hot. If you do indeed have a fever, it is your body telling you something is wrong. Then bring in the readings to your dr. And get an evaluation to find out why your temp is high. Common causes are underlying infections, and possible thyroid disorders can cause temp fluctuations. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of lower body temperature
- Cold body temperature causes
- Rise in body temperature causes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of body temperature deregulation
- Subnormal body temperature causes
- Low body temperature causes
- Below normal body temperature causes
- Talk to a wilderness medicine specialist online for free