Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Blighted Ovum
I was exercising (zumba) on the day my baby stopped developing. Could this have caused my blighted ovum if genetic tests of the sac came back normal?
No: Exercise is good, and doesn't bother a normal pregnancy. Women have had to work or otherwise exercise during pregnancy since the beginning of time. Life is not perfect, so if a defective fetus is created, the woman's body has the job of shutting down the pregnancy and getting rid of the embryo or fetus. That's how nature does its amazing work, both in humans and in our pets and animals. ...Read more
Well.....: It is not likely that binge drinking would directly cause a blighted ovum. Blighted ovums are common and are usually caused by genetic missteps during conception. More concerning though is the fact that there is binge drinking at all especially in someone who is at risk for getting pregnant. Binge drinking is a serious health risk. Please discuss this with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unknown: A blighted ovum is usually cause by a genetic abnormality in the embryo. That can arise from the egg or the sperm, but the egg is usually the cause. The exact effect of alcohol even in large amounts at that time is not completely known. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage in large amounts, but the exact nature of the abnormal pregnancy is not well documented. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of blighted ovum pregnancy
- Recurrent blighted ovum causes
- Causes of blighted ovum miscarriage
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes a blighted ovum?
- Could adderall cause a blighted ovum
- What causes a blighted ovum alcohol?
- Does overweight cause blighted ovum?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free