Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Adrenal Cancer
Is it possible that adrenal cancer (primary or metastic) cause addisons disease. Can it also cause other adrenal problems?
Uncommon, glandular: Uncommon cancer of the adrenal glands (above kidneys). May present with pain, or effects of abnormal production of a variety of hormones that affect blood sugar, sex hormones, stress responce, salt/fluid balance. Can be curable caught early enough; like most cancers, potentially deadly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tough disease: Adrenal cancer tends to be an aggressive type. Additionally, unlike breast & colon cancer, there aren't many effective drugs to treat it. Consequently, the survival for patients with adrenal cancer tends to be rather low. That being said, there are rare cases that can be completely removed with surgery and controlled for many years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hormonal: Adrenal gland has two functionally different parts and tumors of these have different symptoms. Tumors of the medulla, pheochromocytoma, cause high blood pressure and related symptoms. Cancer of the cortex, if functional, cause increased amount of corticosteroids resulting in fragile skin, fluid retention, hypertension etc. Mets produce symptoms based on organ affected by mets. ...Read more
Usually spontaneous : Adrenal cancer (adrenal cortical carcinoma) is rare. It is usually spontaneous, meaning there are no well known causes or exposures. Incidence is increased in patients with certain known cancer syndromes, such as li fraumeni syndrome or beckwith-wiedemann syndrome. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of prostrate cancer
- Can cancer of the liver cause swelling of feet and legs?
- Can cancer of the colon cause your legs to hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can prolonged use of adderall xr cause or contribute to adrenal failure?
- Is tar or nicotine the cause of lung cancer?
- Can colon cancer cause loss of appetite?
- Is prostate cancer caused by overuse of the gland?
- Talk to a pediatrician online