Doctor insights on:
Causes Of A Facial Tic
Many: Facial tics can be developmental (occurring as normal development signs in 6-8 year olds), or part of a motor movement disorder (such as tourette's) . Sometimes tics can be an adverse effect from medications. Also, tics can be caused by a neuroautoimmune process called panda's. See: intramural.Nimh.Nih.Gov/pdn/web.Htm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Facial tics are not included in the diagnostic criteria for bipolar disorder. Facial tics can be caused by a few different things including medication side-effects. I have had patients who had both bipolar disorder and tourette syndrome. Each is a different condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hello docs! can you tell me what could cause an 8 year old to have facial tics, nose flaring, etc. And skin peeling on hands?
Can Claravis ,80mg/day, cause tics or tingling in face, lower lip? Happens infrequently & is the only side effect besides nausea. Should I worry?
Can a brain tumor cause only a nervous tic in my lower lip right side or it will affect all my right side of my face? I have nervous tic from a month
Concern for seizure: There may be other reasons for a facial tic or twitch than a brain tumor. You can be evaluated by your primary care doctor for electrolyte problems. Also too much caffeine intake needs to be considered. If you have a family history of a tic, that may be be a factor. A neurologist can take a look at your tic and help with the workup. A brain tumor can cause focal seizures but often a headache. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to correct slight facial asymmetry caused by extraction of a molar tooth?
- What are the causes of facial tics?
- Cause of facial hair on a female
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of a swollen tongue on one side
- What is the cause of a large hard lump in my calf muscle?
- Can a sinus infection cause facial numbness?
- What are the causes of a swelling foot and leg and turning black?
- Talk to a pediatrician online