Doctor insights on:
Causes Hand Joint Pain Stiffness
Many: Can be anything from non specific inflammation to an autoimmune disorder. While joint pain usually isn't an emergency, being able to identify its source can help you determine whether your discomfort is a sign of something more serious. Most of the time symptoms will resolve spontaneously over time. Nsaids can help. Behavior modification is also recommended. See your doctor for more in info. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What could cause severe joint pain hands/feet morning stiffness other than lupus or RA? My dr is stumped and 5 month wait for rheumatologist
Start with Tylenol (acetaminophen): Persistent pain should be checked out. Overuse of tylenol type medications (acetaminophen) can cause liver and kidney problems. The typical nsaid's like ibuprofen, Aleve (naproxen) and even occasional Aspirin can work, also. Bottom line is you need to find out what is causing the pain, so you need to see a doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Low right hand joint: Pain? Not sure what is meant. Hand joint pain commonly is a symptom of arthritis, trauma, inflammation and infection . Arthritis whether it be osteoarthritis , inflammatory arthritis or gouty or pseudo gout in nature typically has pain swelling tightness as a common symptom. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the common causes of hand joint pain and stiffness?
- What causes pain and stiffness in the finger joints?
- Sudden joint pain and stiffness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cause pain joint index finger joints hand
- Joint stiffness causes besides arthritis
- Kawasaki disease joint pain and stiffness
- Sudden onset joint pain and stiffness
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free