Doctor insights on:
Causes False Positive Pregnancy Tests
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
It shouldn't: Although the Mirena intrauterine device releases hormones somewhat similar to a pregnancy and may stop a patient from having menstrual periods, it doesn't produce HCG like a true pregnancy. Since the pregnancy test looks for hcg, the Mirena device shouldn't cause a false positive. ...Read more
Hi I have had 7 positive pregnancy tests, 2 being digital, I have cysts on my ovaries, could this cause false positives?
Not likely: However, urine tests don't offer you the ability to see if your level is going up like a blood (serum) pregnancy test. Would be a good idea to call your physician and ask for a serum quantitative HCG and have him/her call in some prenatal vitamins as well until your first OB appointment. Also, follicles (egg cysts) are needed to conceive and a corpus luteum cysts is needed for progesterone. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My wife has endometriosis and systemic lupus, we took 2 (cheap) pregnancy tests and they both turned out positive. Can lupus or endo cause a false pos?
No.: False positive urine pregnancy tests are rather rare. Some possible causes are operator error, a biochemical pregnancy, or interference with the assay from recent infertility therapy. SLE and endometriosis should not impact the specificity of a urine pregnancy test. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have positive urine pregnancy tests negative blood i've taken mefenamic acid can that cause false positives ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes false positives on pregnancy tests?
- Can microgestin cause false positive pregnancy tests?
- What can cause false positive pregnancy tests?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can stress cause a false positive pregnancy test?
- Do blue dye pregnancy tests give false positives?
- Can hcg drops cause false positive pregnancy test?
- What can cause a pregnancy test to be false positive?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online