Doctor insights on:
Causes Facial Tics
No: Facial tics are not included in the diagnostic criteria for bipolar disorder. Facial tics can be caused by a few different things including medication side-effects. I have had patients who had both bipolar disorder and tourette syndrome. Each is a different condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many: Facial tics can be developmental (occurring as normal development signs in 6-8 year olds), or part of a motor movement disorder (such as tourette's) . Sometimes tics can be an adverse effect from medications. Also, tics can be caused by a neuroautoimmune process called panda's. See: intramural.Nimh.Nih.Gov/pdn/web.Htm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hello docs! can you tell me what could cause an 8 year old to have facial tics, nose flaring, etc. And skin peeling on hands?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of a facial tic
- What are the causes of facial tics?
- Gerd medication that can cause facial tics
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes facial tics slurring speech and mood swings?
- Facial tics and diet
- Home remedies for facial tics
- Herbal treatment for facial tics
- Talk to a pediatrician online