Doctor insights on:
Cause Swollen Ankles
Various causes: There are very many causes, from congestive heart failure, to lymphedema, to venous insufficiency, blood clots, pregnancy, a various other causes, including serious and not-so-serious causes. The fact that you legs are the lowest part of your body, fluid have tendency to pool down there, with increased hydrostatic pressure -- sometime called dependent edema. See your doctor for evaluation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A few things: Excess dietary sodium can cause fluid retention, which can explain swelling in the foot, ankles and legs. Prolonged sitting or standing in place may cause swelling. It can also be due to other medical issues as well: congestive heart disease, htn, diabetes, uremia and many other issues.. Discuss this with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I take both isradipine and losartan for hbp. Previously was prescribed nefidipine which caused swollen ankles. Still have swollen ankles. What?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of itchy swollen ankle
- What causes swollen ankles yellow color?
- Swollen ankles and wrists causes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of swollen veins sore ankles when running?
- What causes swollen feet and ankles after binge at bar?
- Can high blood pressure cause swollen ankles?
- Causes of swollen ankles in the elderly
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free