Doctor insights on:
Cause Of Swollen Ankles
Many things: There are a number of things that can cause swelling in the foot and ankle. This is a very nonspecific symptom. I recommend that someone with swelling should be seen by orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon for a definitive diagnosis. One in your area can be found at www.Aofas.Org. ...Read more
simple cause: First and foremost, infection is out. Does anyone else in your family have this, do you stand on your feet a lot, does it get better when your legs are elevated or worse as the day progresses? Look up the terms venous insufficiency or venous stasis. Stop the water pills, stop the antibiotics, and get into a good pair of 20-30mmhg compression stockings and wear them when you are up. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What are some probable causes of swollen ankles and slight hand swelling with a tingling sensation?
Surgery itself: If both of your ankles are swollen, then it could be due to the amount of IV fluids . If it is on the same foot that you have had the surgery, then it is normal. If any bone procedure was done to correct any deformity, you can think about it as being the same as if you broke a bone in your foot. Your foot and ankle will swell. With time is should go away. Let the surgeon know, elevate and ice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of itchy swollen ankle
- What is the cause of swollen veins sore ankles when running?
- Causes of swollen ankles in the elderly
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of swollen ankles and calves
- Cause of swollen feet and ankles in the elderly
- What is the cause of swollen ankles and feet?
- Causes of swollen feet ankles and legs
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free